Stanford Text Technologies is directed by Elaine Treharne, Roberta Bowman Denning Professor of Humanities, Professor of English, and Director of the Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis
Specialist projects of Text Technologies:
- CyberText Technologies uncovers the trends in the life cycles of historic text technologies to predict the future of new devices for communication;
- global manuscripts and early printed books will be thework of the East-West Text Technologies Project;
- the discovery of medieval information retrieval tools form the research of the Stanford NEH-funded ‘Global Currents’ team;
- the long history of the manuscript forms the focus of the International ManuscriptTechnologies Forum (ManuTexts)
- and SOPES (Stanford Ordinary People Extra Ordinary Stories) recovers the stories of previously unknown individuals from their textual remants, collected for the project.